Roman Sergeevich Timokhin was born on 28 April 1972 in Moscow. Co-owner and Director of MR Group development company. In the 1990s, Timokhin was a distributor of cosmetics and household chemicals for Beiersdorf (Nivea). In 2003, he founded the MR Group development company, which was involved in the sale of commercial real estate in Moscow. In 2011, Forbes included Roman Timokhin in the list of 14 entrepreneurs who changed Moscow for the better.
In the second half of the 2010s, MR Group expanded into a pool of residential real estate projects. MR Group's portfolio currently consists of 85% business, premium and elite class properties.
In 2021, MR Group is confidently among the top four developers in Moscow in terms of housing construction volumes (as per the Unified Registry of Developers). About 770,000 m2 of housing in Moscow are currently at various stages of construction.
In 1H 2021, MR Group was second in Forbes' ranking of the largest business-class residential developers. The company's sales in 2020 were RUB 92 billion and in 1H 2021 — were RUB 52.3 billion. According to preliminary results (Q1-Q3 2021), MR Group has already broken its all-time sales record by selling more than RUB 80 billion worth of real estate. This pace is due to the extensive and varied portfolio of projects with complexes in different areas, different price categories and at different stages of construction, as well as the high level of project development, which ensures active buyer interest.
The company is among the TOP-3 developers in Moscow Region according to RBC and among the TOP-7 largest real estate developers in Russia according to Infoline analytical agency and the National Association of Housing Developers. Ten-time Developer of the Year – by RREF Awards, ProEstate&CRE Awards, CRE Awards, Move Realty Awards, Urban Awards and Real Estate Market Records.
In 2021, MR Group was a real triumph at the key industry award Urban Awards, winning the title Developer of the Year and four nominations at once. The Hide residential facility (RF) won in the Most Investment Attractive Project category; the Fili City RF won in the Best Residential Business Class Skyscraper in Moscow category. The MOD RF won the Urban Awards as Best Premium Residential Complex Under Construction; the Slava complex became Best Premium Residential Complex in Moscow.
The company works with a pool of Russian and international partners including: SPEECH, ADM, Jahn, Tsimaylo Lyashenko & Partners, UNK, S+S, MLA+, Dyer, Kleinwelt Architekten, Meganom, Esta Construction, Ant Yapi, Ant teq, Su-10, Svargo Group, Kamen, Serey Skuratov architects, Jaime Beriestain, Atrium, Pride, Gillespies, West8, Arteza, Wowhaus, Utro, Oleg Klodt Bureau, Renaissance Construction, Sber, VTB, Alfabank, VEB RF, Otkritie, Dom. RF, PSB.
There are currently 45 projects in the MR Group's portfolio at the active implementation stage, of which 26 are housing projects. 20 of them are located in Moscow, 4 in Moscow Region and 3 in Sochi.
Moscow projects under active implementation:
● Bvlgari Hotel & Residences Moscow (Bolshaya Nikitskaya st., 9/15 bldg.1)
● Maison Rouge Club House (Palikha st., 4)
● Manor Club House (Sadovaya-Sukharevskaya st. 10/12)
● Abrikosov Mansion (Potapovsky ln., 6)
● ICity digital business center in Moscow City business district
● Yandex headquarters in Gagarinsky District
● MOD premium RF (4th Maryina Roshcha st., block 12)
● SLAVA Premium Multi-Purpose Facility (Leningradsky ave., block 8)
● Famous premium skyscraper (2nd stage, Fili City; Bagrationovsky dr., block 5)
● Symphony 34 RF (2nd Khutorskaya st., 34)
● Noble Club house (Bagrationovsky dr., block 5)
● Hide Premium RF (1st Setunsky dr., block 6-10)
● City Bay RF (Volokolamskoe ave, 95-97)
● Fili City RF (1st stage; Bagrationovsky dr., block 5)
● Metropolia RF (Volgogradsky ave., block 32)
● Seliger City RF (Ilmensky dr., block 14)
● Paveletskaya City RF (Dubininskaya st., 65, bldg. 1)
● Discovery RF (Dybenko St., 1)
● Discovery Park RF (Dybenko St., 7)
● D1 RF (Dmitrovskoe ave., 1)
● Tsarskaya Ploshchad MPF (Leningradsky ave., 29)
● Eco Vidnoe 2.0 RF (Moscow Region, Vidnoe, Kupelinka Microdistrict, Central Quarter, 1)
In 2003, together with his business partner Viktor Labuzdko, now Chairman of the MR Group Board of Directors, Roman Timokhin created the MR Group development company.
To date, the company is among the top four developers in Moscow in terms of housing construction volumes (as per the Unified Registry of Developers). There are currently around 770,000 m2 of housing at various stages of construction in Moscow, and not a single postponement has been recorded, which also makes MR Group one of the 4 most punctual developers in the region.